Whenever you’re purchasing a home with a well, you want to be sure the current system will meet and keep up with the needs of your family. Lending institutions will typically also want to make sure the well meets their requirements prior to financing the property. Brink Home Inspections offers professional well flow testing. Our equipment is designed to measure the flow for a sustained period of time to determine the Gallons per minute flow rate and the total volume of water produced. During the test, we also monitor the pump motor and record the current draw to determine how hard the motor is having to work.
Testing your private well’s water quality on a regular basis is an important part of maintaining a safe and reliable source. The test results allow you to properly address the specific problems of a water supply. This will help ensure that the water source is being properly protected from potential contamination, and that appropriate treatment is selected and operating properly.
What is included in a Well Flow Test
- Run the system for approximately 2 hours taking reading every 15 minutes to determine Flow Rate
- Measure and record the total gallons produced from the well.
- Check the condition of the well-head and make sure it is properly sealed.
- While Flow Test is in progress, measure the amperage on the pump system to determine that the pump is running correctly.
- If requested, water samples will be drawn and delivered to testing lab for analysis.