What to Expect
About the Home Inspection
- With the current COVID 19 Restrictions, We recommend that our clients attend the last part of the home inspection. Our company is following set industry standards to help reduce the spread of the virus. The last part of our inspection is walking our clients through all our findings. This typically takes 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once we complete the inspection, we will review our findings and have a written report within 24 hours.
- A typical home inspection takes approximately 1 hour per 1000 square feet. Age and condition of the home will lengthen or shorten the inspection time.
The following is a list of home systems that are inspected during a typical home inspection.
- Exterior wall cladding, flashing and trim, exterior doors, windows, garage doors, decks and balconies, porches and railings, eaves and vegetation.
- Roof coverings, drainage systems, flashing, evidence of leakage, roof top deck surfaces and parapet walls.
- Plumbing system, interior supply, fixtures, functional flow, supply leaks, cross connections, waste and vent system, drain leaks, functional drainage, water heater, safety controls, flues and combustion air vents and fuel distribution system.
- Electrical system, service conductor, service grounding, over-current protection, branch circuits conductors, main and distribution panels, aluminum wiring, compatibility, lights, switches, receptacles and ground fault circuit interrupters.
- Heating equipment, controls, safety controls, flues and vents, solid fuel heating devices, distribution system, air filters and heat source.
- Central air conditioning equipment, controls, distribution, cooling source and return air location.
- Interior walls, ceilings, floors, stairs, balconies, counters and cabinetry, doors, fire separation wall and doors.
- Insulation, crawl space and roof ventilation, vapor retarders, kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room and dryer ventilation.
- Building site, defensible space, grading and drainage, retaining walls, sidewalk, driveways, walls and patios.
- Structural components, foundation, floors, walls, columns, exterior walls, roof and ceiling, underfloor crawl spaces.